The reasons I have chosen writing as my divine torment are as follows…
- It is a non-performance artform that allows we introverts to express ourselves creatively in complete silence and out of sight.
- It is socially acceptable to be brooding and taciturn as a writer.
- It is a reasonable occupation to justify the bulk purchasing of office supplies.
- It is the most portable hobby imaginable.
- It is also a hobby you can accomplish while still appearing to be at work on something important.
- It validates any incessant daydreaming.
- It gives you even more power over lives than the Sims or any other version of reality.
- It is one art where even if you don’t make it big, you can still be a bigger success than most attempter’s just for finishing a project. Let alone publish something.
- But when you do make it big, you make it so big!
- Because I fucking want to.